[TriLUG] Screen for X?

Carlos J. Cela ccela at nc.rr.com
Mon Sep 22 10:07:27 EDT 2003

I think you can use VNC for what you want - Run a VNC server on a
disply, connect to from the local PC (use the VNC viewer or a Java
enabled web browser), and start your app. Then, you can 'steal' the
display from any other machine running a viewer. This will allow only
one viewer controlling the GUI at a time, but that viewer can be
anywhere... You can even close the viewer and restart it later on the
same or in another machine - the GUI app will not die.

VNC rocks...

Carlos-