[TriLUG] Had it with worm

John Beimler john at radiomind.com
Thu Sep 25 10:01:40 EDT 2003

Brent Verner wrote:

> I would _gladly_ pay $50 for a script that took no more than 14
> minutes to install and configure that would block/quarantine spam.

Here you go:

---cut---
#!/bin/bash
echo "Enter your root password when prompted."
su -c "apt-get install spamassassin"
if [ -f ~/.procmailrc ]; then cp ~/.procmailrc ~/.procmailrc.bak; fi
cp /usr/share/doc/spamassassin/procmailrc.example .procmailrc
if [ -f ~/.procmailrc.bak ]; then cat ~/.procmailrc.bak >> ~/.procmailrc; fi
---cut---

There you go, and I won't charge you $50, you can just buy me a beer and
I'll call it even :)

Peace.

john