[TriLUG] Re: NVidia drivers cause Segmentation Faults in RH9 and Fedora Core beta

crimsun at fungus.sh.nu crimsun at fungus.sh.nu
Wed Oct 1 21:56:06 EDT 2003

On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 05:25:35PM -0700, Chuck Wolber wrote:
> Strange, I've been running RH9 under my GF4 4600 Ti for months with the
> NVIDIA 4363 drivers without a single problem.

My experience with 1.0-4[34]* for Linux-x86 has shown that a few
multithreaded apps misbehave when compiled and run on some combination
of RH9-nonRH9 systems. Of course not all apps fall into this enumeration
which probably explains why not everyone has been "hit"...

Daniel T. Chen          crimsun at fungus.sh.nu
GPG key:   www.sh.nu/~crimsun/pubkey.gpg.asc