[TriLUG] Starting / Running a business???

Phillip Rhodes mindcrime at cpphacker.co.uk
Mon Oct 13 22:35:57 EDT 2003

Hi, fellow Tri-LUG'ers, I'm looking for some info...  specifically from
any Tri-LUG'ers who have founded / run their own business
based on / around open-source software.

Right now, I have reason to believe that the company I'm currently
working for, might not be around much longer.  In the process of
deciding what
to do next, I find myself thinking more and more about trying to start
my own business.  So, if any of you guys or gals have been through that
before,
and are willing to spend some time discussing things, I'd REALLY like to
sit down and talk with you (maybe over lunch? Crazy Fire anybody?)

I don't really have a lot of specifics in mind yet, as far as what I'd
like to talk about. Just a general discussion, really, of all the stuff
involved.
I DO have a general idea of what the business I'd be founding would be
doing, but this is all still very speculative of course.  Basically, I'm
just
interested in chatting, asking questions, bouncing ideas around, etc.

Anybody who'd be willing to sit and talk for a while, please let me
know.  If there's several of you, maybe we can all meet as a group even, if
everybody's agreeable, and the timing works out.

Thanks,

Phillip R.