[TriLUG] Linksys WPC11 v.4 (wireless PCMCIA)

Mike Johnson mike at enoch.org
Mon Oct 13 23:46:40 EDT 2003

Frye, Matthew [Matthew.Frye at rexhealth.com] wrote:
> Thanks for the info. I started with a D-Link DWL-650 which supposedly uses
> PrismII, but there was some question about that because D-Link allegedly
> changed chipsets several times without changing model numbers.  Let me tell
> you, D-Link support leaves much to be desired.  They were unable to identify
> the chipset on their own card.  I can tell you that I tried much harder on
> the D-Link because I wanted it to "do well" considering I have a D-Link
> router (DI-614+).  So the question goes out again...for both the DWL-650 and
> the Netgear MA401.  Like I said, this is business need, so I really need to
> get something working.  Thanks.

If it's of any help, I have a working D-Link DWL-650.  It worked find
under Linux, and works just fine under OpenBSD.  It's reported as:
"D, Link DWL-650 11Mbps WLAN Card, Version 01.02"

So, if your D-Link is version 1.02 (cardctl ident should tell you), then
it'll work fine with Linux.

Mike
--
"If life hands you lemons, YOU BLOW THOSE LEMONS TO BITS WITH
 YOUR LASER CANNONS!" -- Brak