[TriLUG] Mandrake 9.2 help

Michael Hrivnak mhrivnak at triad.rr.com
Thu Oct 16 16:33:45 EDT 2003

Once the install program loads, you select a language, accept the
license, select a mouse, and then it prompts: "Is this an install or an
upgrade?"  This is with the graphical installation and I've done it on
two systems now, including a Dell Inspiron 5000 laptop.  The default is
upgrade.  Did you do a text-menu install?  Perhaps your system was
configured oddly and the install program didn't detect your old
installation?  Both of my systems are dual-boot with Win XP (although I
boot XP less and less...).

Of course, once you did the upgrade, the prompt about upgrading would no
longer show up.

Michael