[TriLUG] the new business discussion thread

Mike Mueller linux-support at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 16 19:56:16 EDT 2003

On Thursday 16 October 2003 16:03, stan briggs wrote:
> greetings all,
>
> i thought that the thread that phillip r. started with his question
> about starting a new business generated some great
> comments/suggestions/warnings/etc. i would like to put a synopsis of
> these comments on my web site. i would, of course, give complete credit
> to the trilug discussion group for it's content. i'm writing this to ask
> if any of the authors mind if i include their names (no email addresses
> or even date/times ... just names) on the page.
>
> comments?

That's courteous to ask.  But now you have me thinking.  I don't think you
need to ask for permission to quote what is on the web.  What was written was
committed to the public.  You're probably free to take anything out there as
long as you attribute your sources.  I don't know if TriLUG owns/claims
copyrights the list content does it...or can it?

--
Mike Mueller
324881 (08/20/2003)