[TriLUG] Linux intro book recommendation?

Ken Mink kmtrilug at nc.rr.com
Fri Oct 17 13:03:04 EDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-10-17 at 11:33, elfick wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-10-17 at 10:46, Tanner Lovelace wrote:
> > Neuronet wrote:
> > > Having said that, Marcel Gagne's Linux System Administration; A User's Guide was a good read.
> >
> > I've always found his Linux Journal column rather boring (probably because
> > I don't like the entire chef thing).  Is the book any different than
> > his LJ columns?  (Note, however, this is my personal opinion and
> > other people's opinion may differ.)
>
> Definately! His stupid shticht only serves to make the article difficult
> to read and I am far to impatient to cull through his dribble to pick
> out the useful bits. It ends up just being wasted space in the magazine
> IMNSHO. :-)
>
> Lee

And here I thought I was the only one who couldn't stand the chef crap.
I agree, it makes the articles hard to follow and the useful information
hard to find. I was shocked to see he made their "Reader's Choice" list.
If I'm remembering correctly. I don't have my issue handy.

Ken
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."--Benjamin Franklin
" 'Necessity' is the plea for every infringement of human liberty; it
is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."--William Pitt