[TriLUG] No More Consumer Red Hat?

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Tue Oct 21 12:27:19 EDT 2003

This was announced several months ago; see http://fedora.redhat.com/.
The name change was mostly so that the "Fedora" trademark could have
different rules than the "Red Hat" trademark.  It's still the same thing
as the "Red Hat Linux Project" that was initially announced, but you're
right, it won't be a boxed product like the previous Red Hat Linux.

There never was a "Red Hat 10" planned, it would have been "Red Hat
Linux 10" anyway.  Red Hat is a company name, "Red Hat Linux" is the
product.

Regards,
Jeremy