[TriLUG] No More Consumer Red Hat?

Roberto J. Dohnert webwarrior at gnu-darwin.org
Tue Oct 21 15:14:35 EDT 2003

> On Tue, 2003-10-21 at 13:43, David R.Matusiak wrote:
>> On Tuesday, October 21, 2003, at 12:27  PM, Jeremy Portzer wrote:
>>
>> > This was announced several months ago; see
>> http://fedora.redhat.com/. The name change was mostly so that the
>> "Fedora" trademark could have different rules than the "Red Hat"
>> trademark.  It's still the same  thing
>> > as the "Red Hat Linux Project" that was initially announced, but
>> you're right, it won't be a boxed product like the previous Red Hat
>> Linux.
>>
>> Is this a Good Idea(tm)?  Does the user community support this change?
>> Any TriLUGger comments?
>> thanks!
>> dave m.

I have long maintained that this was a very bad idea.  I feel like Red Hat
has abandoned us and its users who dont have a fast enough connection to
connect to the web and obtain this product.  Many people are still on
dial-up.  I for one plan to switch full time to SUSE LINUX 9.0, SuSE has
not made any plans to destroy its retail selection.

--
To view my Linux help page and howto's goto

http://www.geocities.com/kane121975/

I have information on x86 Linux and PowerPC Linux