[TriLUG] No More Consumer Red Hat?

Joseph Tate jtate at dragonstrider.com
Tue Oct 21 15:20:52 EDT 2003

Roberto J. Dohnert wrote:
> I have long maintained that this was a very bad idea.  I feel like Red Hat
> has abandoned us and its users who dont have a fast enough connection to
> connect to the web and obtain this product.  Many people are still on
> dial-up.  I for one plan to switch full time to SUSE LINUX 9.0, SuSE has
> not made any plans to destroy its retail selection.

Mandrake has Cooker, Debian has the debian community, etc.  RedHat is
trying to emulate these models.  Their expected method of distribution
is through LUGs.  Ideally you'll be able to pay a couple of bucks to
your LUG to get a cd set rather than download it yourself.  Support
TriLUG, use Fedora!

Joseph