[TriLUG] Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Wed Oct 22 09:22:30 EDT 2003

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 was officially released today (last night?).
http://www.redhat.com/

As Matt Wilson mentioned, this apparently includes the "Red Hat
Professional Workstation" which is/will be available on store shelves.
I don't know if I'm going to get a copy or not, it's a little out of my
price range still.  I liked the $40-$50 boxed sets... oh well.

Also of interest -- there are several projects that will be taking the
RHEL SRPMS and rebuilding them to make a redistributable version of the
OS.  I wonder how successful these will end up being.

--Jeremy