[TriLUG] fetchmail & cron

Jeffery Painter painter at kiasoft.com
Wed Oct 22 11:28:13 EDT 2003

I believe fetchmail has a daemon mode that will run in the background for
you. I think this has also been discussed on this list serve before.

man fetchmail

DAEMON MODE
       The  --daemon <interval> or -d <interval> option runs fetchmail in dae-
       mon mode.  You must specify a  numeric  argument  which  is  a  polling
       interval in seconds.

       In  daemon  mode, fetchmail puts itself in background and runs forever,
       querying each specified host and then sleeping for  the  given  polling
       interval.

       Simply invoking

              fetchmail -d 900

Jeff Painter