[TriLUG] Re: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3

James Manning jmm at sublogic.com
Wed Oct 22 22:43:03 EDT 2003

> I thought that the ISO's were still going to be available for free
> download... The product being sold is not the distribution, but the
> support of the distribution.

Nope, it's the distribution, unfortunately, at least in terms of the
binaries and iso's.  As Jeremy mentioned, you can rebuild from srpm's,
but they're RHEL as an installable product is *not* downloadable.

Basically, the bare minimum to not violate the GPL AFAICT.  I'm sure
that's in RH's best interest, of course, just noting.  Maybe
*@redhat.com may correct me on this take of it :)
--
James Manning <http://www.sublogic.com/james/>
GPG Key fingerprint = B913 2FBD 14A9 CE18 B2B7  9C8E A0BF B026 EEBB F6E4