[TriLUG] Webmaster pricing scheme

Mike Mueller linux-support at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 24 10:45:55 EDT 2003

On Friday 24 October 2003 08:23, Janyne Kizer wrote:
> A colleague of mine is starting a webmaster business.  He picked up some
> work as a referral and he doesn't know what a fair rate would be for
> what is basically a do over of the current site and then maintenance
> afterward.  If anyone could provide him with some advice, I'd truly
> appreciate it.  Private responses would be fine.

Is this content or conduit or both?  I'll address the content portion of the
question. If content then is it creative or technical or both?  Is there a
content management system?

Check job boards for salaries for similar positions then do the math -
estimate person-hours at competitive rates.  Get quotes from competitors as
though you are outsourcing the job.
--
Mike Mueller
324881 (08/20/2003)