[TriLUG] MailScanner Question

Stephen Hoffman srhoffman at bellsouth.net
Mon Oct 27 21:33:34 EST 2003

I saw a post here a while back with someone asking about MailScanner, I
had not heard of it at that point, but recently saw it in action and was
blown away by it.  I have since installed and configred it, but I am at an
impass.  It is scanning wonderfully...I am slowly tweaking the rules, but
the problem is I am trying to send a file that was filtered by MailScanner
because it was a .exe.  Now getting the attachment to the user wasn't a
problem, I just moved it to the users home directory, but it got me
thinking, I intend to install this on other machines where I don't
neccessarily want the users to have shell access.  I attempted to email
offending attachment to someone...but low and behold it was filtered...so
my question is...how do I get attachment (html email, clean/legitimate
files) to the people who need them?

Thanks,
Steve