[TriLUG] Mirroring RedHat 9 -- Net Install FTP/Boot CD issue

Jeff Bollinger jeff01 at email.unc.edu
Tue Oct 28 10:51:30 EST 2003

Jeremy Portzer wrote:

> Did you start up the installer with "linux updates" ?  I think you have
> to do that to prompt it to read the updates.img.
>
> --Jeremy

Well, I just tried that and I got this prompt:

"Insert your updates disk into /dev/hdc and press 'OK' to continue."

I press "OK" and I again get to the "pre-configuration" pages.  After I
enter all the data in there I get this error:

"Unable to read header list.  This may be due to a missing file or bad
media.  Press <return> to try again."

I tried a couple more times, but it never took...

Thanks,
Jeff