[TriLUG] MailScanner Question

Dan Monjar daniel.monjar at na.biomerieux.com
Tue Oct 28 12:28:02 EST 2003

--On Tuesday, October 28, 2003 02:34:04 AM -0500 Jon Carnes
<jonc at nc.rr.com> wrote:

> Mailscanner is an email policy enforcer.  You have chosen as a policy to
> not allow executables to be sent via email (a wise policy!).  You might
> want to further refine that policy and insist that all valid executables
> be sent as Zipped files (*.zip).

Or you could change the extension to something that would pass the policy
and give instructions on how to rename on the other side.  My goal has
always been to prevent autoexecution or even double click execution of a
file.  I want the users to have to make a conscious effort to run
something. (and sometimes even that is not enough)

--
Dan