[TriLUG] OT - wolves are circling the sheep

Mike Mueller linux-support at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 29 08:25:12 EST 2003

On Wednesday 29 October 2003 07:03, Magnus wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 28, 2003, at 12:28  PM, Mike Mueller wrote:
>
> Ironically, you've got several aspects to your mail that is flagging it
> as spam.  Many people with TriLUG mail accounts will never even see
> your post.

The message was not 40-50% HTML.  The other spam report stuff seems accurate.
Such is the state of things today - talking about spam is spam.  That's like
putting the police in jail because they talk about criminal behavior.  Don't
take my comments wrongly, I think the tight filtering is useful.  It's not so
good when you discover important email is encoded in HTML and it's not a
situation where you can tell the buffoon to stop.

I guess I could have explained the URL in a way to circumvent the filter.  I
could have sent a clean  pre-message announcing the upcoming arrival of the
spam-like message.  Would it work to substitute angle brackets with
paranthesis and "(at)" for "@"?  Any suggestions?
--
Mike Mueller
324881 (08/20/2003)