[TriLUG] linux routing example

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Wed Oct 29 15:58:04 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 14:54, Frye, Matthew wrote:

> I understand the intention here and that is the point I was trying to make.
> Even if you're working with disparate ISP's, you can mux the connections
> into one pipe for transition purposes

I don't understand how you are going to accomplish this "mux" -- at what
level?  The two T1 connections are from disparate ISPs, different
subnets, different routers, etc.   There is no control "upstream."
Traffic would be coming down the different ISPs as the DNS changes take
effect across the Internet, once the DNS change is complete, everything
would pass across the "new" ISP.

--Jeremy