[TriLUG] anybody know how to configure PXE clients on linux dhcp?

Sinner from the Prairy sinner at escomposlinux.org
Thu Oct 30 12:14:38 EST 2003

On Thursday 30 October 2003 10:37 am, davis wrote:
> Hello
>
> My job recently took a turn for the worst in that I have to work with this
> microsoft windows xp embedded crap.  As such, I need to configure my debian
> linux dhcp server to handle dhcp requests from a windows machine.  I have
> done the google thing and found the following
>
> option space PXE;
> option PXE.mtftp-ip   code 1 = ip-address;
>

> However, this blows up my dhcp server.  ie. it chokes on the option "space"
> keyword.  If you have done any netbooting of xp embedded clients I would
> like to talk to you as well.

The Linux Terminal Server Project has documentation about booting from
diskless PCs, using PXE, bootfloppies...

You should get more than a hint there.

http://ltsp.org

Salut,
Sinner
--
Visit my website! http://www.ibiblio.org/sinner/
Running on Mandrake Linux 9.0 - Kernel  2.4.19smp  Linux User # 89976