[TriLUG] Why evolution?

Michael Thompson thompson at easternrad.com
Fri Oct 31 09:07:17 EST 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-30 at 13:25, Ilan Volow wrote:
> Don't feel guilty about criticizing free software. For windows
> alternatives to become usable, the linux world needs to stop worrying
> about offending FOSS developers and themselves develop a culture of
> intense software criticism like you have on the mac. It should be okay
> to say "this software sucks".

<venting> Ok, Thunderbird SUCKS!  Evolution SUCKS!  If they ran reliably
then I'd say otherwise, I really like the features they are *trying* to
perfect, but either way both programs are dogs right now.  Evolution
would be nice if it would ever shut down properly without requiring
that I kill a million processes before trying to reload it.  Thunderbird
would be nice if it would run more than once before having to delete
the ~/.thunderbird directory and start from scratch EVERY time I try to
fscking load it. </venting>

This coming after I get to work this morning and have to 'kick' Evolution
to get it to process 200 messages through my filters.  Damn piece of crap.

Arggggh!

Guess its time to check out console based mail clients...

--mike