[TriLUG] Open Source Empowerment

Roy Vestal rvestal at trilug.org
Wed Nov 5 09:13:11 EST 2003

I have to pipe in here.

On my windows box at work, I have IE (duh!). I also have Mozilla.
Hmmmm....well, in order to DOWNLOAD anything, I have to use Mozilla, because
IE crashes.

Keep in mind if you use IE without the patches out there, you will be
nachi'ed/blaster'd/wormed/trojaned, etc. However, Mozilla doesn't have
Visual Basic Scripting or other standard MS OLE standards included,
therefore it's much HARDER for these kind of "bugs" to get through. Oh yeah,
my shockwave/flash/happy plugins work fine. I just followed the directions
at the website.

Just my $0.02