[TriLUG] Linux Installations Problems

Jim Ray jim at neuse.net
Fri Nov 7 11:17:58 EST 2003

hmmm.  my network card built into the motherboard of the epia mini itx must
be indecent.  it may be promiscuous as well :-)

it puked wednesday when the rhce study group used it on an nfs install of
rh9.  the intel e100 worked fine.

i had been spending $30 on 3c905 nics yet am worried if problems arise (not
to mention the fact that 3com doesn't honor their lifetime warranty).

what's your recommendation for good, cheap, reliable nics that have drivers
for CPM, RSTS11, DOS, *NIX or whatever you wanna throw at 'em?