[TriLUG] Switching distros based on marketing, rumor, FUD -- or based on technical merit?

Mike Mueller linux-support at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 7 13:38:35 EST 2003

On Friday 07 November 2003 08:33, Brent Fox wrote:
> Here's a quote:  "However, Szulik expects Linux to be ready in a couple
> of years after it has had time to mature."
>
> It doesn't sound like he's writing off the home desktop forever to me.

If your sister started a business would you ask your local newspaper to
print a story about how her venture is immature and people should avoid her
business for a couple of years?  It might be true but you wouldn't say it. If
you did your family would be hurt and your friends would think you're a jerk.
--
Mike Mueller
324881 (08/20/2003)