[TriLUG] Novell purchases SUSE

al johnson alfjon at mindspring.com
Fri Nov 7 16:34:50 EST 2003

Tanner,
     You might be interested in the report on Suse in the latest issue of
Linux Format magazine.  Suze has actually scheduled several roll outs of
their newest desktop distributions giving the month and day. They also
announced several more projects to attempt to seize the Enterprise Desktop
market.  I also don't believe that Novell will throw all of this away.  In a
number of  European surveys of  Linux users as well as Linux Format Magazine
Suse has been rated as the best  Linux desktop system you can have.  After
reading the list of  new Linux applications, such as a DVD burner, which are
included in the Suse distribution you've got to say that on the surface they
look like a great distribution for desktop users.  I tried Suse once before
but didn't like it, but I'm now very interested in getting their latest
distribution to see if  what's on the inside of the box  is as impressive as
the outside.
--- Al Johnson

P.S. Incidentally, has anyone found the DVD copy of the latest Linux Format
magazine??  I went to Borders and  Barnes and Noble today and the only thing
I could find was the CD version.  According to the magazine it does exist.