[TriLUG] Free to Good Home: SparcStation 2

David R.Matusiak dave at matusiak.org
Thu Nov 13 10:56:34 EST 2003

Hola TriLUG -- and Happy 5th Birthday!

I was wondering if any hardware tinkerer in TriLUG would be interested
in an old SparcStation 2 that came from Berkeley Labs.  It was gifted
to me a year ago and I just have not had the time to turn it into a
functional system.

Previous owner said "It should work," but I have not been able to get
it to POST.  Since I am not much of a hardware repairman, I thought
someone else might be interested in taking a shot.  The system does not
have a CD-ROM drive, but here is a list of what it *does* have:

onboard ethernet
floppy drive
19" monitor (supposed to be color)
original Sun keyboard and mouse (one of the old optical mice that has a
mirror-like mousepad with tiny grid pattern on it)

I thought someone might like it as a project machine or even as a piece
of Internet history.  I would be happy to bring it to the meeting
tonite, if you'd like.

Please send off-list mail to < dave at matusiak.org > and I will get back
to the person who shows interest first.  If no one wants it, it will
most likely wind up in the Orange County hardware recycle center.

Cheers!
dave m.