[TriLUG] linux games

Chris Knowles chrisk at trilug.org
Thu Nov 13 16:51:40 EST 2003

On Thu, 2003-11-13 at 16:27, Michael Hrivnak wrote:
> I confess... I'm addicted to Battle Field 1942.  It's about the only
> reason I use Windows any more.
>
> What are some great games that you guys (and gals) like to run on
> linux?  I've been having such great linux experiences lately, I'm
> anxious to leave Windows completely behind me.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Michael Hrivnak
OK.  I see someone pointed you at transgaming.  That'll get you most of
the the really popular windows games, but there are many really nice
games that are native to Linux.

One good resource for finding out about them is the Linux Game Tome
(http://www.happypenguin.org/)

BZflag is excellent.

Enigma is a cute puzzle/strategy game (FreeOxyd.
http://www.nongnu.org/enigma/)

Triptych is a "Squishy Tetris" that's quite addictive.
http://www.chroniclogic.com/triptych.htm

And of course, Enemy Territory, which is an iD game.
http://games.activision.com/games/wolfenstein/index.asp?section=et

If you guys know of any good games, I'm always looking for new ways to
waste time.

CJK

--
Chris Knowles <chrisk at trilug.org>