[TriLUG] Y.A.F. SPARCStation-2 ... come and get it

biggers at utsl.com biggers at utsl.com
Tue Nov 18 14:09:46 EST 2003

Hi David and all,

>From sunny Yadkinville NC (don't ask how I got here), I *also* offer a
shiny working SPARCStation 2, to donate to a charity or educational
institution (preferred) or individual (most likely).  Details:

  keyboard, optical mouse

  (2) heavy 17" Sun monitor(s) - please take both, you need a backup :^)

  64mb memory (max'd out)

  2 x 2 GB (larger?) internal SCSI drives

  floppy drive

  ...and a shrink-wrapped original box-set of Red Hat 4.1 for SPARC,
  which should boot and run on this box.

[ The best-performing version of "free Unix" to run on this box is
  probably netBSD.  You'll find 'Net notes that claim that the Linux
  kernel is not really tweaked for the funky MMU in the SS-1/1+/2 series.
  You'll need an outboard SCSI-2 CD-ROM drive or maybe net-install with a
  floppy-boot for netBSD...   http://netBSD.org
]

Contact:  biggers at UTSL.com, (336) 849-0278.  I am located about
20 minutes west of Winston-Salem on Hwy 421 North, on the way to Boone
and Ashe County.

Come and get it!  thanks,
----Mark Biggers