[TriLUG] article: N&O Home Users Leap to Linux

Magnus chrish at trilug.org
Wed Nov 19 22:28:58 EST 2003

On Wednesday, November 19, 2003, at 12:34  PM, Scott Lundgren wrote:

> Surprisingly, for having passed it's 5th b'day and being mentioned in
> the
> nationally published LinuxWorld mag, TriLUG is not explicitly listed
> in the
> Resources side bar. The steering committe might want to mention these
> points
> methinks, the writer's contact info is at the bottom of the article.

The school that was mentioned heavily in that article was wired by
TriLUG volunteers, and much of the Linux that you hear about going on
there was architected with the help of TriLUG members.  I remember that
TriLUG had such a strong showing to wire the school that there were
people standing around with literally nothing to do because of having
too many volunteers.

--

C. Magnus Hedemark
http://trilug.org/~chrish