[TriLUG] split apache logfiles

jonc jonc at nc.rr.com
Fri Nov 28 09:37:24 EST 2003

>On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 00:16:16 -0500 Jason Tower <jason at cerient.net> wrote.
>is it possible to split up the log files for a virtual host www.foo.com
>such that all requests for files in /bar of the document root get
>logged to logs/bar/combined_log while everything else gets logged to
>logs/combined_log?  it looks like conditional logging using the
>SetEnvIf parameter will allow me to mark requests, i'm just not sure
>how to direct them to the appropriate logiles.  thanks!
>
>jason

Can you do the log statement in a .htaccess file?  If so, that should work
for it.. or you could simply run a batch file that pulls out the "/bar/.."
hits from the combined_log.  We did that for TriLUG users a few years back -
to isolate and send stats about their individual websites.

Jon (using *very* limited bandwidth) Carnes