[TriLUG] Small business server setup

Justin Johnson justin at deepbluesoftware.com
Fri Nov 28 14:11:25 EST 2003

> One thing you might want to make sure you have considered is the
> End-of-life date on Red Hat 9.  As of the end of April you will not be
> able to get security and errata packages from Red Hat anymore.  You may
> have already considered this, but it's something to double check on if
> you are using this server for a business and don't want to be upgrading
> the entire OS every 6-9 months.
This is definitely something that I am aware of. Hopefully by the time this
becomes a concern I will either be able to move to RHAS or possibly even
another distro (Debian maybe?) It's all a learning experiance to me, so if I
have to re-install another OS, oh well, more fun.

>  You may have some luck with the group
> Fedora Legacy which has been mentioned by others on this list.  I've
> actualy joined up with them and plan on helping out.  Check them out
> here for now:
>
> http://www.fedora.us/wiki/FedoraLegacy
Thanks, I will definitely check this out and lend a hand if I can.

Thanks,
-JJ