[TriLUG] Last chance to vote for upcoming class!

Mike Johnson mike at enoch.org
Tue Dec 2 00:04:07 EST 2003

Last call for votes for the Dec 13th class!

Below you'll find class topics and brief descriptions, as well as the
current voting.  Note that you -can- vote for more than one.  Also, if
you'd be interested in teaching any of these, please let me know.  We
have volunteers for about half of the classes, but don't have anyone who
has stepped forward for 1, 3, 4, 7, or 10.  One person said they'd be
able to teach, but they're only available from 8am to 11am on Dec 13th. :(
Also, we've had several people volunteer to help teach 4 and 10, but
noone to step forward and say they'll teach.  All votes should be mailed
to me directly, or to steering at trilug.org (note my sneaky reply-to).
Please don't vote for the same class twice.

We'll choose the class with the greatest number of votes for which we
have a teacher available.  Meaning, right now, the DNS/Routing class is
winning, because we don't have a teacher for VPN/Security.

Also, I'm closing voting at 11:59:59 pm on Dec 2, according to the clock
on my mailserver (yes, the more astute will note that my clock is off --
cope :)

Okay, all that said, here's the topic list again:
1) Python: Basic Concepts and Programming
2) DNS/Routing: Understanding DNS/Routing and setting up a DNS server
3) VPN/Security: Setting up a secure VPN and securing your computer for
      remote access.
4) Apache: Setting up an Apache webserver
5) Firewalls: Basic Concepts and using IPTABLES to create a firewall
6) Basic Security: Linux Security basics
7) Shell Scripting: Basic shell script concepts
8) SAMBA: Installing and Deploying SAMBA in a Windows environment
9) LVM: Methods used to create/modify LVM installations on different
      hardware
10) LDAP: Installation and deployment of LDAP
11) Basic Networking: Fundamental Linux networking
12) Intro to Linux: Beginners class on Linux and Linux concepts.

And the current voting:
1)      1
2)      5
3)      5
4)      2
5)      4
6)      4
7)      2
8)      4
9)      3
10)     4
11)     3
12)     2

Any questions? Mail me or the steering committee, not the list please.

Mike
--
"If life hands you lemons, YOU BLOW THOSE LEMONS TO BITS WITH
 YOUR LASER CANNONS!" -- Brak