[TriLUG] rc.X -- how do the real sysadmins do it?

Ryan Leathers ryan.leathers at globalknowledge.com
Wed Dec 3 09:16:50 EST 2003

I'm installing a spanking new "big iron" cluster using Redhat ES 2.1
This morning I'm looking at security and part of this includes removing
some non-essential services from rc3 and rc5 on each host.  After the
stock install there were a slew of things being run.

Now I'm wondering... rather than just removing the scripts I don't want
is there some convention I should be following to retain these scripts
that are not actively used?  I could come up with my own system, but
since this cluster will likely be around long after I'm gone I want to
do my successors a favor and observe convention if it exists.

Wisdom appreciated.

--
Ryan Leathers <ryan.leathers at globalknowledge.com>
Global Knowledge