[TriLUG] rc.X -- how do the real sysadmins do it?

Ben Pitzer uncleben at mindspring.com
Wed Dec 3 09:42:23 EST 2003

Ryan,

Actually, just renaming any services that you do not wish to run to
norun.S$$foo is the method that many of us use.  You're right in that
deleting the scripts entirely is not desirable.  But keeping track of the
order in which they are to run, and disabling those you don't want running
is fairly important.

That's my $0.02, anyway.

Regards,
Ben Pitzer

"Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
 --Ben Franklin--