[TriLUG] delivery of spool email

Michael Hrivnak mhrivnak at triad.rr.com
Tue Dec 9 16:09:50 EST 2003

I wonder about my mail configuration.  I run a local IMAP and SMTP
server on Mandrake 9.2 with Postfix.  The default setup keeps a user's
Inbox as /var/spool/mail/username.  Any other IMAP folders that are
added reside as /home/username/foldername.

Is this typical?  It seems to me that I'd rather get mail out of the
server spool and into a user's home directory.

While I'm at it, it might be nice to put IMAP folders in
/home/username/mail/foldername for the sake of neatness.

How do you set yours up?  How might I go about modifying my setup for a
more practical layout?

Thanks,
Michael