[TriLUG] Exim relay

James Manning jmm at sublogic.com
Thu Dec 11 22:56:55 EST 2003

> I have a client who's webserver has an IP that is in a C-Class of IPs
> that's on some spam blacklists. Because of this, the order confirmation
> emails sent out from the webserver don't get to his customers on some
> ISPs, namely Road Runner. My suggestion was that he use another server
> as a relay for all the outgoing mail on his server. His server has Exim
> install... anyone know how I'd get this working with Exim? Also, has
> anyone use MyDynDns's MailHop Outgoing service for something like
> this?

A quick google'ing shows it may be exim's smart_route capability.

    http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.10/doc/html/spec_19.html
    http://www.exim.org/exim-html-1.90/doc/html/spec_27.html

also, maybe questions 0303 and 0304 in this section

    http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.30/doc/html/FAQ_3.html

Just guesses, i have no exim experience aside from watching apt-get
uninstall it when I installed postfix, sorry :)
--
James Manning <http://www.sublogic.com/james/>
GPG Key fingerprint = B913 2FBD 14A9 CE18 B2B7  9C8E A0BF B026 EEBB F6E4