[TriLUG] Laptop Linux

Phillip Rhodes mindcrime at cpphacker.co.uk
Fri Dec 12 19:50:19 EST 2003

> Anybody have measurements on how long a battery charge lasts using Linux on a
> laptop?
>
> What I conclude from reading this is that Linux control of ACPI ... well ...
> er ... sucks right now.  I'll continue to research this, but if anyone has
> information to the contrary I'd like to see it.

Mike,

I don't have any data for you at the moment, but if it's really
important to ya, I could generate some. I've got my laptop configured
to dual-boot RH 9 and Win2K Server, so I could easily do a comparison
and chart out the battery life times...  As it happens, I can't really
speak to the battery life under Linux, as I'm usually near an AC source,
and have never let my battery run all the way down...

TTYL,

Phil

--
When the 1st Amendment no longer protects your voice.
And when the 4th Amendment no longer protects your privacy or your stuff.

FREE AMERICA
Vote Libertarian
www.lp.org