[TriLUG] bzflag memory requirements

Jason Tower jason at cerient.net
Mon Dec 22 11:58:30 EST 2003

it's not ram that matters overly much, it's the chipset.  all the video
memory in the world is useless without driver support for 3D
functionality.  most ati radeon video chipsets have decent (not
exceptional) open source 3D drivers.  a lot of laptops have ati radeon
mobility 7500 video which is supported by the OS radeon driver.  my R40
with the 7500 (32mb) gets mid-30s FPS on bzflag w/ full 3D and an
underclocked CPU, which is good enough to beat most people who aren't
named daleth.

jason