[TriLUG] Slightly OT: Connecting a Cisco router to a Linux box via serial connection?

Merle Watts elremx2 at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 25 16:34:18 EST 2003

If it works like i think it should you probably need do connect to the
console port for initial configuration.  Get a serial to ethernet
adapter to plug into the serial port on the computer.  And a rollover
cable to connect to the console port.  You need a terminal program to
connect through the console port. Dont know what is used with Linux but
hyperterminal is used in windoze.

use com 1 or 2
set hyperterminal to
bits per second  9600