[TriLUG] Xmas wireless question

Kevin Flanagan kevin at flanagannc.net
Sat Dec 27 18:38:25 EST 2003

On Sat, 2003-12-27 at 16:31, Jim wrote:

Jim,

    Check out eCost
    www.ecost.com  They specalize in rebate and refurb offers.  I got a
Router/4 Port switch/802.11b for $14 after rebates a little while back.
I just saw a USB 802.11b adapter for FREE after $30 in rebates.

    If you have B at home, you may want to look at some of the deals, i
saw a G setup, for about $80, that's a router/switch/AP and a Cardbus
card on ecost a little while back, could be an upgrade in the works for
you.

;')

> My mother-in-law got a new Dell laptop for Xmas and today I was over
> there and of course got hit up cause I'm the 'computer guy'
>
> They have DSL but it's run into their office in the back of the house
> and she wants to have her laptop in the kitchen/living room. So
> instead of crawling around running Cat5 I suggested just getting a
> wireless setup. Her eyes lit up - "You can use it without wires?" :)
>
> So I need some advice on what's the latest, inexpensive home
> networking gear. I'm off to dig around BestBuy and CompUSA but if
> anyone has any experience with something I'd love to hear about it.
>

> Thanks,
> jim

Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any
good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
Howard Aiken