[TriLUG] Nvidia Quadro2 Pro

The Crocodile tcroc at pasture.com
Mon Dec 29 20:34:00 EST 2003

Stephen,

Ask anyone who was around for the 30 hours I spent trying to get dual
head to work with two Nvidia cards and Fedora Core 1. There was PLENTY
of bitching going on, but I did eventually get it working.

You can see my configuration at www.pasture.com/~tcroc/MISC/XF86Config

You have to do some twinview tweaks to get the thing working correctly.
In particular take a look at the section "Device" for Identifier
"Videocard1" to see all the twinview and nvidia driver specific options
I have in there.

Try using some of those in the same place within your XF86Config file.
Also, do NOT rely at all on the crappy buggy XF86 Gui configuration
tools that come with Fedora. They all suck and can't be trusted. Do it
by hand.

Good luck and I'm available most of the day and night on #trilug and
#fedora on Freenode. Or just email me.

Good Luck

--T