[TriLUG] Konqueror for OSX

Ben Pitzer uncleben at mindspring.com
Tue Dec 30 11:19:24 EST 2003

Our own Ben Reed has made Slashdot today (surprising that I haven't seen it
here already) with his successful port of Konqueror to Apple OS X.  Next
he's tackling KOffice.  Great work, Ben!  You Apple users out there should
be thanking him profusely for his work in this area.  KDE has some great
apps, and porting them to OS X is no small feat, especially when he's doing
it mostly on his own time (correct?).  This is Open Source at work here in
our own small group, folks!  Now, isn't there a Hard Cider group here in the
area?  If y'all have meetings (I've heard some of you mention it here, so
I'd assume you'd know), Ben would probably be THE man to have a talk in the
near future on this work.

See the article here:

http://apple.slashdot.org/apple/03/12/30/0325256.shtml?tid=121&tid=179&tid=1
85&tid=189&tid=190

Regards,
Ben Pitzer

"Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
 --Ben Franklin--