[TriLUG] rsync connections

Turnpike Man turnpike420 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 4 17:43:13 EST 2004

What's the difference between what I'm trying and having an rsync server?  I
want to be able to use the data on both sides of the sync.  The source data is
where data will be changed, added, deleted, etc.  The end side, the data will
simply be used as it is.  For example, foo contains my music folders, and poo
will contain a backup of my music folders.  poo will also run icecast and use
the backup copy of the music folders as its source files for streaming.

thanks,
David

(this isn't just to backup my music, but everything, just trying to make use of
my resources beyond just backup)