[TriLUG] DNS

STaylor at srspos.com STaylor at srspos.com
Mon Jan 12 13:04:12 EST 2004

Thanks for the help!

Suffice it to say I will ask this question because linux and I are just
learning to get along.

Am I too understand that I have not given the bind program
cubeville.com.zone as a place to look to resolve stuff?

I set this up using the Redhat gui DNS tool. I didn't even know I had a
custom zone. Will the problem go away if I just rename the named.custom
file or pull out the zone data from the file?

Thanks again for all your help.

Shawn

                      Magnus Hedemark
                      <chrish at trilug.or        To:       Triangle Linux Users Group discussion list <trilug at trilug.org>
                      g>                       cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: [TriLUG] DNS
                      trilug-bounces at tr
                      ilug.org

                      01/12/2004 11:13
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      Triangle Linux
                      Users Group
                      discussion list

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 STaylor at srspos.com wrote:

> named.custom
>
> ## named.custom - custom configuration for bind
> #
> # Any changes not currently supported by redhat-config-bind should be put

> # in this file.
> #
>
> zone  "." {
>         type hint;
>         file  "named.ca";
> };

There is your problem; you never told bind to look at your zone file for
your custom zone.