[TriLUG] [Trilug-announce] January Installfest, Sat. January 24th - Wake Tech, Garner area

Roy Vestal rvestal at trilug.org
Mon Jan 12 23:51:05 EST 2004

The first TriLUG InstallFest of 2004 is going to be Saturday, January
24th. It'll be here soon!  It will be held at the Wake Tech near Garner,
so all you Southeastern Wake resident Penguin lovers, you
now have no excuse to skip! :)

For the newbies, an InstallFest is simply a day where we get together
and help each other out with Linux problems. You bring your machine,
keyboards, mice, monitors, and networking are provided, and we work with
you to try to install that sound card that doesn't want to work, or help
add that HDD to your LVM, or simply help to get Linux installed.

We will want to have folks sign up so we know what numbers we will be
dealing with. An online sign up form will be posted on
http://www.trilug.org soon. We request that you use this form, but it's
not necessary.

Also, the InstallFest is open to ALL, not just members. This is a great
way to introduce your family/friends to Linux and the Linux community.
Bring 'em ALL!!

We'll have more info as it is compiled.

Roy Vestal
Public Relations/Outreach