[TriLUG] cd cataloging software

crimsun at fungus.sh.nu crimsun at fungus.sh.nu
Tue Jan 13 01:49:03 EST 2004

On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 01:29:50AM -0500, Michael Hrivnak wrote:
> a large audio cd collection.  I would like to make a database of my
> collection by simply inserting cds and having their information downloaded
> and collected.  I want to search by performer, title, etc. and export for
> posting on a web site.

Way back in the day I used a KDE app called mp3kult, but I haven't seen
if it supports grabbing via freedb directly from album id. It dumps into
a mysql db.

Grip is the gui frontend ripper+encoder I use, and it has rudimentary db
support.

Juk may have something along those lines. (I'm sure Rhythmbox doesn't
currently.)

Daniel T. Chen          crimsun at fungus.sh.nu
GPG key:   www.sh.nu/~crimsun/pubkey.gpg.asc