[TriLUG] USB portable hard drive

Ryan Leathers ryan.leathers at globalknowledge.com
Wed Jan 14 14:11:38 EST 2004

Thanks for the reply

I already went to the offsite host and found that when I plugged the USB
device in I could see some info in /proc/bus/usb/devices

I took a swag and tried to mount /dev/sdb1 to /mnt/usb which worked like
a charm.  The drive has a fat32 partition and I didnt have to do
anything more than mount it and cp files around.

Next time I will take your suggestion and look under /proc/scsi so maybe
I won't have to guess on the next system.

sholton at mindspring.com