[TriLUG] ldap authentication from Active directory or NTDS

Magnus Hedemark chrish at trilug.org
Thu Jan 15 13:47:04 EST 2004

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004, Jim Ray wrote:

> I don't use exchange and don't have to worry about it.  I did once upon a
> time way back in the days of my youth :-)

Well it is something I stepped in; this is a network of someone else's
design that I'm just helping out with.

To be honest, I don't know of any groupware product on Linux that holds a
candle to Exchange.  Exchange sometimes does some really goofy shit that
makes you scratch your head and wonder WHAT THE HELL were they thinking.
So when you see things like the winmail.dat attachments, it's a real
annoyance.  But when it is set up right it works pretty well.