[TriLUG] how-to create md5 checksums & CD/DVD verification

Douglas Kojetin djkojeti at unity.ncsu.edu
Mon Jan 19 09:20:44 EST 2004

Hi All-

I've googled this a bit, but could not find any decent references
(other than 'info md5') to help out.  I'd like to create md5 checksum's
for data iso's I'm going to create so I can 'verify' the burns were
successful/data = A-OK. Also, in general, is this a good way of
checking/verifying/validating data CDs and DVDs?

Can anyone point me towards a quick how-to?  Or just send a few lines
on how to create and check post-burn?

While I'm on the subject, if anyone has any links to good DVD-writing
references, I'm all eyes!

Many thanks,
Doug